We are currently seeking a Designer to be based out our Sydney office. Could this be you?
As a company with studios across the globe, we power up the best minds from 31 teams in over 22 countries to create a unique skillset for each client. We spark ingenuity with global creative sprints that cross time zones and borders and spur on the best of our talent. That includes exceptional brand consulting and strategic design, brilliance in experience, retail and workplace design, and competition-smashing motion design. We are part of the WPP group.
Under the direction of the Design Director or Senior Designer, the Designer will help develop and understand design strategy to deliver the best possible creative solution. The Designer will work both independently and collaboratively with the Design Team - to evaluate design options, develop and push to find ‘big ideas’ based on design strategy and the creative brief.
What we're looking for
- As part of the Project Team: explores and conceptualises design solutions from initial route to final design direction.
- With input from Senior Designers and Design Directors, further explores specific design concepts, begins refinement of concepts.
- Learns to develop a point of view on the work of others.
- Participates in meetings and critiques; explains and substantiates existing or potential design direction.
- Proficiency in all key creative software programs.
- Keeps abreast of current design trends, remaining continuously curious.
- Develops an understanding of brand strategy.
- Supports the wider team to develop competitive and breakthrough design strategies and plans.
- Plans and conducts design research.
- Proactively participates within project teams to ensure quality, profitability and client satisfaction.
- Summer Fridays: Make the most of summer by choosing 5 Fridays to finish at 12:30pm
- Birthday Leave: Enjoy one day off either on your birthday or within the week of it.
- Charity Leave: One day off per year to volunteer or support a charity.
- Additional Leave: Get a bonus day of leave for each year that you work (capped at 5 years, no pay out).
- Study Leave: Four days of study leave per year
- Purchased Leave: Take up to four weeks of extra leave which will be deducted from your pay over the course of a 12 month period.
- The Academy: Bespoke training school to develop professional skills and capabilities.
- EAP: Free confidential counselling services for employees and their families for struggles with work or non-work related issues.
- Parental Leave: Up to 16 weeks salary plus superannuation during unpaid leave within the first year.
- Flexible Working: No mandated office days, staggered start and finish times.
- Remote Working: Spend up to four weeks working remotely from another WPP office across the globe.
- perkSPACE: Discounts and cashbacks for many beloved brands, free online fitness classes and health and wellbeing resources.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
We believe diversity brings creativity, which is at the heart of everything we do. We are actively engaging in creating an environment free of discrimination, where our people and their uniqueness can shine and be celebrated. We’re working to set a standard for the industry as a whole, creating a culture of equity and belonging. We may not be perfect, and we know there is work to do, but we regularly check with our teams and Employee Resource Groups on how we are doing, using their insight to frame our thinking and actions, so we can all do better, working as one Landor & Fitch.