Client Service Director, Sydney
We are currently seeking a Client Service Director to be based out our Sydney office. Could this be you?
As a company with studios across the globe, we power up the best minds from 31 teams in over 22 countries to create a unique skillset for each client. We spark ingenuity with global creative sprints that cross time zones and borders and spur on the best of our talent. That includes exceptional brand consulting and strategic design, brilliance in experience, retail and workplace design, and competition-smashing motion design. We are part of the WPP group.
The Client Services team helps clients gain agility and find opportunities where others see adversity. The team helps clients and their brands gain profitable growth by thriving in an accelerated pace of change where disruption is the norm.
The Executive Client Director, leads the client services team for the office, and is accountable for client services excellence and client satisfaction across all clients and brands in the office. He/she is a consummate professional in all he/she does/says/writes and brings significant respect and gravitas to all situations – internally and externally. This includes overseeing flawless execution and project management, team development, and growth through existing and new clients. The Executive Client Director leads the integration and collaboration with other functions in the office, including Strategy, Design, Naming, and Brand Engagement.
The Executive Client Director may also lead one or more client relationships and a team of people, and along with that team, ensures that all projects are delivered on time, on budget, and on scope. This includes effective resourcing on all engagements, while also delivering against the agency’s financials/budgeted work plans. The Executive Client Director is a member of the office senior leadership team, and shares accountability for delivering the office’s revenue and profit goals.
What we're looking for
- Ensures the team members who are leading a client relationship become the Landor authority on the client’s business, organizational structure, culture, politics, financial processes, budgets, competitors, business challenges and opportunities and industry trends.
- Collaborates with the Resource Manager to agree to and ensure appropriate resources for each engagement that will ensure high quality deliverables are delivered on time and on budget.
- Accountable for client satisfaction on all the projects within the office.
- Regularly champions and assesses client feedback, and takes action to address client concerns and dissatisfaction. Resolves issues with respect to work quality by liaising with the appropriate team members.
- In partnership with the Finance Director, leads and oversees client contract and financial negotiations, including negotiation of fees and timings with clients.
- May directly own and lead one or more client relationships. Becomes the client’s most valued partner and source of authority on branding.
- Is accountable for ensuring that growth targets are established and met. Seeks opportunities to grow the client’s business, and the client’s relationship with Landor, through Opportunity Mapping, Experience Maps, tapping into the WPP network, etc.
- Partners directly with other Landor & Fitch functions/colleagues to ensure the perfect balance of leadership within each engagement. Can clearly articulate the value, role and scope for each function for each client assignment.
- Accountable for new business targets and leads new business opportunities.
- Partners with the Managing Directors and senior leaders to develop new business strategies, plans and pitch content for growth opportunities.
- Responsible for growing the client relationship and driving an entrepreneurial approach to identifying new opportunities and broadening Landor’s offering. Understands and reinforces how Landor & Fitch tools (e.g. Opportunity Maps, Experience Maps) can open doors to new opportunities. Proactively identifies add-on, business development opportunities with existing clients.
- Is accountable through his/her team for delivering all agreed-upon projects, on time, on budget, and on scope.
- Partners with resource management to coordinate internal and external resources against signed work, focusing on both utilisation and realisation.
- Summer Fridays: Make the most of summer by choosing 5 Fridays to finish at 12:30pm
- Birthday Leave: Enjoy one day off either on your birthday or within the week of it.
- Charity Leave: One day off per year to volunteer or support a charity.
- Additional Leave: Get a bonus day of leave for each year that you work (capped at 5 years, no pay out).
- Study Leave: Four days of study leave per year
- Purchased Leave: Take up to four weeks of extra leave which will be deducted from your pay over the course of a 12 month period.
- The Academy: Bespoke training school to develop professional skills and capabilities.
- EAP: Free confidential counselling services for employees and their families for struggles with work or non-work related issues.
- Parental Leave: Up to 16 weeks salary plus superannuation during unpaid leave within the first year.
- Flexible Working: No mandated office days, staggered start and finish times.
- Remote Working: Spend up to four weeks working remotely from another WPP office across the globe.
- perkSPACE: Discounts and cashbacks for many beloved brands, free online fitness classes and health and wellbeing resources.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
We believe diversity brings creativity, which is at the heart of everything we do. We are actively engaging in creating an environment free of discrimination, where our people and their uniqueness can shine and be celebrated. We’re working to set a standard for the industry as a whole, creating a culture of equity and belonging. We may not be perfect, and we know there is work to do, but we regularly check with our teams and Employee Resource Groups on how we are doing, using their insight to frame our thinking and actions, so we can all do better, working as one Landor & Fitch.