Design Director, Sydney
We are currently seeking a Design Director to be based out our Sydney office. Could this be you?
As a company with studios across the globe, we power up the best minds from 31 teams in over 22 countries to create a unique skillset for each client. We spark ingenuity with global creative sprints that cross time zones and borders and spur on the best of our talent. That includes exceptional brand consulting and strategic design, brilliance in experience, retail and workplace design, and competition-smashing motion design. We are part of the WPP group.
The Design Director (DD) is instrumental in growing Landor’s creative reputation by ensuring assigned creative teams deliver creative solutions that are powerful and memorable.
The DD will lead design teams and deliver design strategy and creative solutions that support the delivery of brand-led, business transformation for the Client’s business.
What we're looking for
- Directs design teams to deliver creative solutions for brand led transformation.
- Responsible for the quality of product, and appropriateness of solution(s), from initial client background briefing, to internal critique sessions, through to client presentations, refinements, design implementation and overall production accuracy.
- Supports the (Executive) Creative Director with the development and implementation of Landor’s creative vision.
- Leads and directs client projects, develops and interprets design strategy for designers in the team.
- Leads creative critiques and uses personal expertise to draw out the best possible creative ideas to deliver against design/brand strategy.
- Provides ongoing direction of assigned design team and the selection and/or refinement of the final creative solution.
- Is able to effectively lead strategic design sessions with senior client groups.
- Compiles and prepares material for design briefs and participates in analysis planning.
- Summer Fridays: Make the most of summer by choosing 5 Fridays to finish at 12:30pm
- Birthday Leave: Enjoy one day off either on your birthday or within the week of it.
- Charity Leave: One day off per year to volunteer or support a charity.
- Additional Leave: Get a bonus day of leave for each year that you work (capped at 5 years, no pay out).
- Study Leave: Four days of study leave per year
- Purchased Leave: Take up to four weeks of extra leave which will be deducted from your pay over the course of a 12 month period.
- The Academy: Bespoke training school to develop professional skills and capabilities.
- EAP: Free confidential counselling services for employees and their families for struggles with work or non-work related issues.
- Parental Leave: Up to 16 weeks salary plus superannuation during unpaid leave within the first year.
- Flexible Working: No mandated office days, staggered start and finish times.
- Remote Working: Spend up to four weeks working remotely from another WPP office across the globe.
- perkSPACE: Discounts and cashbacks for many beloved brands, free online fitness classes and health and wellbeing resources.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
We believe diversity brings creativity, which is at the heart of everything we do. We are actively engaging in creating an environment free of discrimination, where our people and their uniqueness can shine and be celebrated. We’re working to set a standard for the industry as a whole, creating a culture of equity and belonging. We may not be perfect, and we know there is work to do, but we regularly check with our teams and Employee Resource Groups on how we are doing, using their insight to frame our thinking and actions, so we can all do better, working as one Landor & Fitch.