We are currently seeking a Senior Strategist to be based out of our Hamburg studio. Could this be you?
As a company with studios across the globe, we power up the best minds from 31 teams in over 22 countries to create a unique skillset for each client. We spark ingenuity with global creative sprints that cross time zones and borders and spur on the best of our talent. That includes exceptional brand consulting and strategic design, brilliance in experience, retail and workplace design, and competition-smashing motion design. We are part of the WPP group.
Ensures all projects are delivered according to L&F’s brand promise “Extraordinary brand transformation by design”. Crystalising how creativity and rigor work effectively hand in hand toward client objectives. The Senior Corporate Strategist will be responsible for turning in-depth client challenge analysis into a recommendation that utilises the power of brand to transform.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Owning the projects’ deliverables and coordination of in- and outside resources to facilitate production beyond “just strategy” by partnering effectively with all departments to ensure on-time, high-quality overall outcome addressing the challenge at hand.
- Communicating findings and recommendations in a clear and compelling manner in written, oral and presentation forms in fluent English (German is a plus but not mandatory).
- Sharing best practices and resources with peers within broader L&F network.
- Interacts in a positive, professional, and motivating manner.
- Ensures strategic tasks are run within agreed scope and time.
- Understands different business models and the implications for the strategic branding opportunities.
- Provides clients with insight-based strategic solutions and identifies future opportunities for transformative brands.
- Demonstrates an integrated approach to strategy which gets buy-ins and commitment from all relevant stakeholders.
- Identifies cultural differences and communalities across markets and uses that insight to drive achieving the project objectives.
- Contributes to creative ‘crits’ and raises strategic inconsistencies.
- Partners with Senior Lead, Client Services and the Creative Team on new business pitches (and is comfortable to play a role in pitch presentations).
- Analyse supplemental background information for Pitch Team.
- Support on preparing presentation materials and pitch presentations.
- Supports on drafting process and deliverables for proposals.
Consulting Skills and Tools
- Able to analyse data sources and synthesise information around insights and priorities and translates them into strategic branding recommendations.
- Ensures extraordinary by design solutions that are grounded within commercial/business situation.
- Capable of managing, acting as strategic lead on and delivering medium size projects.
- Oversees the development of strategic solutions/briefs that inspire great creative solutions.
- Responsible for leading discussions with client and/or internal teams (including brainstorming sessions), as appropriate.
- Takes ownership of strategic solutions delivered to client (with support of Strategy Director).
- Partners with client teams as client lead or individual contributor on a specific project.
- Builds and leads strategic partnerships with clients where L&F can add value.
People and Team
- Partners in assessing strategic deliverables required of prospective or existing projects.
- Collaborates with other consulting staff, as well as the client services and creative practices.
- Develops, manages and mentors direct reports within area of expertise.
- Drives a team spirit based on strategic excellence and the ‘Landor&Fitch extraordinary, by design”.
Competencies for Success
- Strategic agility
- Conceptual thinker
- Powerful communicator – exceptional presentation skills and written communication skills
- Builder of effective teams
- Learning on the fly
- Highly organized and skilful planner
- Organizational awareness and agility
Required Experience and Competencies
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in brand strategy or comparable role.
Finally - our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We believe diversity brings creativity, which is at the heart of everything we do. We are actively engaging in creating an environment free of discrimination, where our people and their uniqueness can shine and be celebrated. We’re working to set a standard for the industry as a whole, creating a culture of equity and belonging. We may not be perfect, and we know there is work to do, but we regularly check with our teams and Employee Resource Groups on how we are doing, using their insight to frame our thinking and actions, so we can all do better, working as one Landor & Fitch.
Due to the volume of applications, we unfortunately can only respond to successful candidates.
We will not accept unsolicited CVs or approaches via recruitment agencies.